The bulbs are all starting to show themselves now in the garden. Just hope the rabbit doesn't spoil any more. Little devil has nibbled too many already.
and now for the pear sponge pudding recipe, especially for The White Cabbage
Pear Sponge Pudding
100g caster sugar
100g butter, softened
150g plain flour
5g baking powder
about 5 or 6 medium pears (for lots of fruit in the pudding)
- beat sugar and flour together until pale and fluffy
- beat in eggs (ideally one at a time)
- mix in milk
- sift in flour and baking powder and gently combine
- quickly peel and cube pears roughly and put into greased cooking bowl
- if batter is not runny enough add, more milk
- pour over pears and put in preheated oven at 180 degrees c, 160 if fan oven, 350 degrees f, gas mark 4 for about an hour. test by stabbing top with a knife, if it comes out sticky its not cooked, when cooked it will come out clean.