I think this dress is going to get worn a lot this year, I adore it already. Boy do I look more flat chested than usual though?!
It’s FBFF time and today we’re talking outfit planning…
1. How do you go about picking your outfit for the day? Most of the time I think about what I’m going to be doing. The outfit must be practical. I then try to figure out one piece that I really want to wear, then add a few bits i think will work. This cannot be planned much in advance, so I just tackle each day as it comes. My mood will vary and my outfit quite often will reflect how I’m feeling.
2. Do you try stuff on and then take pics to see how it looks, like Cher in Clueless? Not before I go anywhere. I have a big mirror in the bedroom, which only sometimes lies, so I just dress and go.
3. And are you consistent in your planning or lack thereof, or is your planning limited to special events? It depends what you take as a ‘special event’. I plan (or try to) for anything that isn’t just hanging around the house or going into town.
4. Do you have a way of keeping track of which outfits you wore when? Yes, it’s all on my blog! It’s got the good, the bad and a few of the uglies. I don’t like to wear exactly the same outfit twice (in the same season) just because I like to keep things feeling fun and fresh. I have to admit that putting together outfits is a kind of hobby. Although I do find myself getting exasperated by the end of winter as I’ve worn all the obvious fun combinations.
5. How do you come up with new clothing combinations? Just giving it a go. If the mirror gives it a thumbs down then try something else. I find it fun to wear each item in a number of ways.
Another fotd. Sadly I now have no idea what I really used, but I somehow doubt you’re so inspired you need to run out and buy the same products to recreate the look anyway!!! I do like to try using light coloured shades of eyeshadow and making it match something about my outfit. I’m getting back into make up more this year. I did used to enjoy makeup back in my mid teens then found myself disillusioned with wearing any. I’m easing back into it, but in a subtler way.